The Defense Counsel of San Antonio was formed in 1992 to promote people for the bench in San Antonio who the DCSA determines will be fair, exhibit judicial restraint, and uphold the laws of the State of Texas and the Constitution of the United States. The role the DCSA plays in the San Antonio legal community is at its most significant during election years.
- To promote improvements in the administration of justice in the state and federal courts of Bexar County.
- To uphold the dignity of the judicial system by promoting high standards of ethical conduct.
- To encourage cooperation and exchange of information among the members of the DCSA whose practices are primarily focused on the rendition of legal services to defendants in civil matters.
- To promote public awareness of issues affecting the judicial system.
- To maintain liaisons and sponsor cooperative efforts with other local public and professional organizations regarding common issues.
- To facilitate communication with local judiciary regarding procedural and local rules and other matters which affect the courts in Bexar County.
- To endorse and support qualified and fair candidates for the local judiciary.